Saturday, September 11, 2010
Learning the art of disappointed hopes
I sit in a chair outside the room, sadly missing the internet connection that a few minutes ago had connected me just long enough to hear a good friend’s voice, and then dropped. A few weeks ago I would have been very frustrated, pacing around trying to find something to do to not feel so helplessly thwarted during one of the few times that that I and the people I am trying to reach are both available. But that was a few weeks ago, and during that time I have come to expect a dropped connection, or no internet at all, and not to get my hopes up too high. So now I sit in my plastic chair, looking around at the wet campus that still drips from the rain the night before, and take the time to talk to God. And I wonder if there are always this many ants scurrying around on the concrete, or if I just never took the time to notice them before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I needed to read this.
ReplyDeleteThanks.