I've made it safely to Chuuk, where the trees spread their green in broad expanses, the roads have holes you could almost swim in, and the people smile and wave as you pass. I am here with two other student missionaries, guys who I met 3 days ago during training in Hawaii. I believe that we will be a good group. The rest of the teaching staff is from the Philippines. We received what was probably the warmest welcome I have ever received in my life which included pictures, flowers, and singing. I am currently staying in a small apartment by myself on the campus as renovations to the girls apartment are being done. I think I will be moving there later. I was surprised to find it has an air conditioner in the bed room, and power more often than expected. They thought they had rat proofed the room, but.....I now have holes in a pair of my shoes. :P
More to come, hopefully about the extinction of a shoe eating rat.
I'll attach the address for the school for anyone interested.
c/o Chuuk SDA School P.O. Box 208, Weno, Chuuk, FSM 96942
Eagerly waiting to hear round two of the rat... so glad you are safely there! And no other girl SMs?? at all?
ReplyDelete