Sunday, October 24, 2010

The facts (or in other words, a less interestingly worded update)

Today the other SM guys and I finally made it over to Truk Stop to begin our diving certification training. All we did was get our textbooks and plan the next time to meet, but I am very excited about finally getting started with this, and having something to start working on. I’m looking forward to enjoying what some people travel halfway around the world and spend lots of money on to experience.

Parent Teacher Conferences took place on Friday, and while it was good to meet with the parents, I’m glad they’re over with. Over 75% of my parents came, which was pretty good, much better than the 0% that some (Jace) got. For the most part they’re fairly understanding of the fact that I’m doing what I can with the diverse class I’m working with.

This weekend is a long weekend thanks to another holiday, and I have plans to re-arrange my class and sit all of my students in groups to work together on everything. I have high hopes for this really helping in class, and am looking forward to see how it works. I’m hoping it will give me more of an opportunity to work with my struggling students who are behind because I haven’t been able to help them nearly as much as I’d like. I’m also going to begin doing some after school tutoring in reading with some of them, and am hoping that it will help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment